Giving money to a fundraiser not hosted on CHIMP
You can still support a friend or family member’s fundraiser, even if the fundraiser is not set up on CHIMP. Simply send details about the fundraiser you would like to support in the Message for the Charity alongside your donation.
To send a Message for the Charity with your donation:
- Click Give at the top of your account.
- Select Give next to Give to a Charity or Giving Group.
- Type the name of the charity the fundraiser is supporting using the search bar and click on its name.
- On the charity profile, click the blue Give Money to this Charity button.
- Optional: If you'd like to cover the cost of credit card fees, check the box next to "Cover $_ in third-party fees on behalf of this charity". Checking this box will increase your donation to cover the cost of third party processing fees.
- Include a Message for the Charity. Be sure to include as much information as you can about the fundraiser and the person’s participation in the message to charity (ie: name and location of the event, the full name of the person you’re supporting, their participation number, etc.).
- Fill out your gift details and click Continue.
- Review the details and click Give to send your gift to charity.
Personal fundraising pages and other third party fundraising websites may not be able to reflect funds donated through CHIMP. Please reach out directly to the participant or the charity that is hosting the fundraiser to confirm whether or not offline donations can be added to fundraising totals.