Managing money for Giving Groups attached to Campaigns
Donors are empowered to create a Giving Group in support of a Campaign. When a Giving Group is linked to your Campaign, any of the funds raised will be visually represented in the total displayed on the Campaign page.
Who manages money raised by Giving Groups?
Before sharing your Campaign, it’s important to establish who controls the funds raised by Giving Groups. You can choose between Campaign Admins & Giving Group Admins with the steps below.
- Log in to your CHIMP account.
- Click your profile image in the upperhand top-right corner.
- Click on your Campaign under Manage Campaigns.
- Click Manage Campaign.
- Under Money Settings, there are two options: Campaign Admins & Giving Group Admins.
- Choose one option and click Save Changes.
All funds from participating Giving Groups are immediately allocated to the Campaign. These funds will be captured within the total raised on the Campaign’s front page, and will be available in the Campaign’s balance for the Campaign administrator to allocate when and where they choose.
This option is ideal for Campaigns where the Giving Group administrators are intending to send their funds raised only to the Campaign.
Giving Group Administrators
In this case, Giving Group administrators are able to allocate the funds raised to any charity, Campaign, Giving Group, or friend of their choice. The funds raised will still be captured by the total raised on the Campaign’s front page, but won’t necessarily be included in the Campaign’s available balance unless the Giving Group administrator sent the funds to the Campaign.
This option is ideal for Campaigns supporting a general cause who may not require control of the funds raised.
What happens if I change my mind?
We make it easy for you to change your decision. You can visit Money Settings and choose another option that works better for you at any time. Please note that if funds have already been raised, there are two important considerations:
- Changing from Campaign Admins to Giving Group Admins: Any of the funds sent automatically from a Giving Group to Campaign when funds were under control of the Campaign administrator may have already been allocated to charity. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information. We're here to help!
- Changing from Giving Group Admins to Campaign Admins: Any of the funds raised by Giving Groups before funds were under control of Campaign administrators will need to be manually sent over to the Campaign in order to be available in the Campaign balance.