IN THIS ARTICLE: How it works | Selection | Troubleshooting | Custom button
How it works
A donation button will enable you to accept credit card donations through CHIMP on your own website, without a merchant account. The donation button provides a smooth giving experience, and all donor information collected is passed along.
Selecting your button
Selecting and installing a donation button doesn't cost you anything. Select a button design and paste the provided code on your website where you'd like the button to appear.
- Click Take donations online in the top toolbar of your CHIMP Charity Account.
- Click Manage Campaign on your Campaign page.
- Click Donation Widget on the left.
- Click Donation Button at the top of your Giving Group.
If you’d like to use a button design that’s different from the options provided, you can use our custom donate button code found below.
For implementation, we recommend providing the code to the person responsible for your website.
Free web hosting sites
Custom donation button
If you’d like to use a donation button that’s different from the ones provided to you, you can do so with these instructions. It’s recommended that a web developer or designer complete these steps.
- Add jQuery to your page.
- The standard script tag has two additional custom attributes:
- ‘data-hide-button’ must always be ‘true’.
- ‘data-script-id’ can be any custom identifier, and its value is used later in the ‘postMessage’ call.
Please replace “XXXXXXXXXXXXCHARITY_CODEXXXXXXXXXXX” with the key found in your charity, Campaign, or Giving Group’s original donation button code.
<h1>Custom Widget: Your Button Here</h1><div id="custom-chimp-button" width="200px" height="200px" style="background: red; cursor: pointer; padding: 10px; margin: 10px;"> <strong>Button</strong><br> You can click on this div! It'll open the form.</div>